Public companies, large proprietary companies and corporate trustees of registrable superannuation entities must implement a whistleblower policy and make it available to their officers and employees by 1 January.
This session will explain how changes to whistleblowing laws and related developments affect governance, accountants and auditors and will focus on:
- The new corporate sector whistleblower regime, ASIC’s regulatory Guide Whistleblower policies and information sheets Whistleblower rights and protections and How ASIC handles whistleblower reports
- Whistleblowing changes to the ASX’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations
- NOCLAR for public practitioners and in business
- How the ACNC addresses concerns raised by whistleblowers, and
- What makes a good whistleblowing policy (a whistleblowing policy will be provided)?