The third of four sessions on the revised code, it looks at Part 4A and how it applies to independence for audit and review engagements.
ASA 102 Compliance with Ethical Requirements when Performing Audits, Reviews and Other Assurance Engagements specifies the responsibilities of the auditor, assurance practitioner, quality- control reviewer and firm to comply with relevant ethical requirements. The session will cover:
- Introduction and PIES
- Compensation and evaluation policies
- Gifts and hospitality
- Actual or threatened litigation
- Financial interests, loans and guarantees
- Relationships (including audit rotation)
- Provision of non-assurance services to an audit client, and
Reports on SPFS.