For many entities, 30 June will see the first general-purpose financial statements prepared, audited, and lodged. Special-purpose financial statements for certain entities will no longer be permitted under AASB 2020-2 Amendments to Australian Accounting Standards – Removal of Special Purpose Financial Statements for Certain For-Profit Private Sector Entities.
ASIC is expected to monitor closely that entities’ first GPFSs compliance with standards.
This session will confirm your understanding of what is required. It will:
- Recap on who is caught and who is not
- Cover ASIC’s stance
- Explain the key changes and how errors can be addressed
- Describe the transitional arrangements and disclosures
- Discuss the importance of AASB 1 First-time Adoption of Australian Accounting Standards
- Explain whether tier 1 or tier 2 applies
- Discuss how to avoid disclosure overload
- Detail the audit independence line not to be crossed, and
- Describe the steps accountants and auditors need to take.