Many businesses and NFPs make foreign-currency transactions. Some have overseas operations conducted through subsidiaries, associates, joint ventures, and branches. In addition, an entity might present its financial statements in a foreign currency.
AASB 121 The Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates and other standards and interpretations detail the rules.
This session will
- Describe how to include foreign-currency transactions and foreign operations
- How to translate financial statements into a presentation currency
- Discuss recent interpretations of AASB 121
- Review what is required to be disclosed with examples, and
- Identify the audit risks and typical audit procedures to be applied.