The 2013 version of ASRS 4400 Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements has been revised. It is operative for engagements whose terms are agreed upon on or after 1 January next year. It’s time for practitioners and their team members to understand their new and revised responsibilities.
This session will address:
- The differences between agreed-upon-procedures and assurance engagements
- What outcomes is the revised standard seeking to achieve?
- What is the scope and the practitioner’s responsibilities?
- Do I need to be an auditor to undertake such engagements?
- What are the ethical and quality-control rules?
- What are the significant changes for performance and reporting?
- Examples of procedures and reporting, and
- What do I need to do to implement the revised requirements?