A failure by business and their accountants to understand and properly apply applicable employment laws or to protect themselves from the loss of a key employee can result in significant financial loss and repetitional damage. This session will deal with some of the current issues of employment law so that accountants, whether in private practice or business, can better understand and manage their and their clients or employers’ business risks. This session will also assist auditors in dealing with their obligations under NOCLAR and ASA 250 Consideration of Laws and Regulations in an Audit of a Financial Report. The session will address such issues as:
- Accountants accessorial liability for breaches of the Fair Work Act 2009
- Protection of vulnerable workers
- Employment agreements and restraint of trade clauses
- Workplace harassment, and
- Occupational Health & Safety.