AASB 15 has been live since 1 January for for-profit entities. It is a complex standard and affects a key performance measurement – revenue. Analysing AASB 15 implementation and questions arising from it, this session will look at several of the difficult issues encountered and how to resolve them.
Questions will be sought in advance and addressed. Areas to be covered include:
- Performance obligations and their satisfaction
- Principal versus agent relationships
- Variable consideration
- Onerous performance obligations
- Sale with a right of return and warranties, and
- Identifying and capitalisation of contract costs.