Every reporting period has its unique challenges for preparers and auditors, ranging from new accounting standards to ASIC’s and the ACNC’s regulatory focuses. This session will focus on:
- Accounting standards operative for 31 December reporters
- Lessons to be learnt from ASIC-inspired corporate restatements
- ASIC targets and the results of its financial-reporting surveillance program
- Corporate-governance developments, and
- Auditing developments and issues (including the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Corporations and Financial Services inquiry into auditing).